Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Karen's Minestrone Soup

Minestrone Soup
1# ground beef, leanest (I had some stew meat, I used)
1# Italian sweet sausage
1 chopped onion
garlic to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning

2 large cans chicken broth
1 can red beans. drain
1 can white canelli beans...mash with a fork
1 can yellow corn
1 can chopped tomatoes, with jalapeno pepper in it (juice too)
1 small can tomato paste
1 lg package Italian Green Beans, frozen
1/2 package bow ties shaped pasta
I also use sauteed mushrooms...optional...
Brown and crumble the meat. Add chopped onion and mushrooms to skillet, along with garlic, italian seasoning
Put all that into a huge soup pot, start adding the canned stuff. Cook it for 20-30 mins. on simmer. Add the pasta
and Italian Green beans at the end. Let it set for half hour... If you have too little broth, add another can of chicken broth
If you don't like the spicy flavor, use chopped tomatoes, no peppers!

0 comments: