Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Banana Nut Bars


*I am pretty sure I got this recipe from Steph, so kind of cheating, but I made these yesterday and they are so freaking good!

Makes 10.5 X 15.5 inch jelly roll pan
Bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes

Cream together until fluffy
1 1/2 C sugar
3/4 C shortening

Add and beat until very light and fluffy
3 eggs

Meanwhile, mix together dry ingredients
2 1/4 C flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt

In still another bowl, mix together wet ingredients
1/2 C milk
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 med very ripe bananas, mashed

Alternating wet and dry ingredients, add to the creamed sugar, shortening and egg mixture. Stir until blended after each addition.

After all additions, beat on medium speed two minutes

At the end, mix in:
3/4 C coarsely chopped walnuts

BANANA FROSTING
3 Tbsp soft butter
3 C powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 med ripe banana, mashed

Beat until smooth and very creamy. Add milk or cream or more powdered sugar to get the right consistancy.




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh yeah! These are SOOOO good!This is a great recipe to use up all your ripe bananas.

becca said...

thats what I did!! I had a banana no one would eat... so you know it was time to bake with it!! yummeroony!!

emily said...

Man, these recipes are going to make me fat(tter)! Looks sooooo yummy!