Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pizza Bread

This is really easy. I just use a wooden spoon and then my hands. Cameron (my 5yr old) loves to help me with this one.

2 TBSP yeast
3 c flour (plus 3-4 cups)
1/2 c sugar
2 tsp salt
1/4 c oil (I use olive oil)
1 egg
2 c water

Combine the above ingredients and mix well. (I mix the yeast water and sugar first.) Add the 3-4 cups more flour to make a soft dough. Knead 5 minutes. Let rise 2 hours (until doubled). Punch down and divide into 12 balls (+/-) of dough. On lightly floured surface, roll each ball into about 11x6" rectangle. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni. Roll up like a jelly roll and pinch the ends closed. (If you're going to freeze this is the time to do it. Wrap up in plastic wrap and then foil to keep fresh. Pull out and let thaw before you are going to do second rise.) Place on baking sheet and let rise 1 1/2 hours. Bake at 350 for 20 min. Serve with sauce. YUMMY!

Filling (Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and if you want to add anything else that's not moist you can.)

-Emily, this is Lori Thorderson's recipe.

1 comments:

emily said...

I remember these! Cool.